Google Plus Card Widget

Ad Space

Recent Posts


?">RSS'); document.write('"); //]]>--> ?max-results=5">Featured Post 7'); document.write("?max-results="+numposts1+"&orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=showrecentposts\"><\/script>");
?">RSS'); document.write('"); //]]>--> ?max-results=5">Featured Post 8'); document.write("?max-results="+numposts1+"&orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=showrecentposts\"><\/script>");


Copyright stfeloben1 2013. Powered by Blogger.


Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Search This Blog


Desmond Nunugwo, a suspect under investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), reportedly died in custody.

Sahara Reporters reports that he passed away today, June 10, few hours after he was taken into custody.

The suspect was said to have been detained at about 7.30pm the previous day over fraud allegations, in the absence of anybody to take him on bail.

He suddenly complained of discomfort six hours later and was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The incident has already been reported at the Wuse police station, where an investigation into the cause of the sudden death has commenced.

Nunugwo was alleged to have obtained N91million fraudulently from an acquaintance.

He was reportedly tricked her into believing that he had high net worth business associates in Dubai, United Arab Emirates who were at the verge of buying Nicon Insurance and convinced her of their disposition to help her stock fish business.

She was said to have wired 91million into his nominated account (Mainagge General Merchants) in Diamond Bank.

She reported the matter to the EFCC after Nunugwo became evasive when he received the money.

He was consequently arrested on Thursday, June 9, in Utako, Abuja at about 5.33pm.

In his statement, he admitted receiving the money from the complainant, saying he transferred N30million of the said money to Norway.

However, he could not explain the whereabouts of the balance of N61m.

This is not the first time a suspect would die while in EFCC custody. In November 2015, a suspect identified as Arowofela Olufemi, passed away shortly after he complained of chest pain. He was rushed to the nearby Military Hospital but died before doctors could attend to him.
5:26 PM

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment