APPLY NOW!!

Google Plus Card Widget

Ad Space

Recent Posts

APPLY NOW!!

?">RSS'); document.write('"); //]]>--> ?max-results=5">Featured Post 7'); document.write("?max-results="+numposts1+"&orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=showrecentposts\"><\/script>");
?">RSS'); document.write('"); //]]>--> ?max-results=5">Featured Post 8'); document.write("?max-results="+numposts1+"&orderby=published&alt=json-in-script&callback=showrecentposts\"><\/script>");

APPLY NOW!!

Copyright stfeloben1 2013. Powered by Blogger.

ACTRESS/MODEL

Follow by Email

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

+

An Abuja High Court on Friday, March 4 refused stay of trial proceedings sought by the former national security adviser Sambo Dasuki.
Dasuki confers with his lawyers today in court

Dasuki confers with his lawyers in court yesterday

At the ruling, Justice Peter Affen said the second defendant (Dasuki) has not convinced the court that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC ) which its order of December 21, 2015 was made to disobeyed court orders.

Justice Affen said that a further and better affidavit before the court shows that it was the Department of State Services (DSS) that re-arrested the second defendant and not the EFCc as claimed by the applicant.

“I have found no correlation whatsoever between the alleged disobedience of court order and further discharge of charges against the second defendant,” Affen said.

He also a stay of proceedings can only be granted in the provision or existence of contingencies of facts which have not been provided by Dasuki.

Justice Affen dismissed the application by the second defendant to prohibit the complainant (EFCC) from continuing with its trial or discharging all charges against Dasuki before the court or any other charges before any other court in Nigeria.

The former security adviser’s application was sought on seven ground urged the court to either stay proceedings of the court or an order prohibiting complainant, the EFCC from further continuing with the within this court or any other court in Nigeria.

It also sought an order discharging all charges against the second until court orders previously made are obeyed by the prosecution.

The EFCC had also argued that the commission never flouted court orders.
The commission claimed that Dasuki was re-arrested by the DSS after he was released by the EFCC.

The anti-graft agency also objected to argument that the EFCC and the DSS as agencies of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are not one and the same.

Justice Affen adjourned the matter to Wednesday and Friday, April 20 and 22 for commencement of trial.

Also present at the court today is media mogul, Raymond Dokpesi.

Dokpesi was seen chatting with the embattled former security adviser.

Dasuki and his fellow accused persons are facing charges of criminal abuse of money laundering.

At a previous hearing, the former national security adviser had accused President Muhammadu Buhari for his prolonged detention.

Dasuki said Buhari’s statement at his maiden presidential media chat indicated his defiance in obeying court’s orders.

Dasuki is facing a 22-count charge alongside the former governor of Sokoto state, Attahiru Bafarawa and his son Sagir.
Others joined in the case are the former director of finance and administration; Shuaibu Salisu, a former minister of state for finance; Bashiru Yuguda and two companies.

In a related development, the special assistant to Dasuki, Nicholas Ashinze has sued the EFCC over his prolonged detention.

Although Ashinze is currently being held in an army facility, he was under detention at the EFCC for eight weeks. Ashinze’s suit is contending the army’s four weeks detention and eight weeks at the EFCC.
12:31 PM

0 comments Blogger 0 Facebook

Post a Comment

 
Top